Now that my daughter is nearly a year AND A HALF old, I’m reflecting a bit on the first year. In particular, I want to share my 11 favorite baby products that really worked for our family in that first, crazy year. If you or someone you know is having a baby soon, these are great registry and gift items!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning, if you click through and make a purchase or sign up for a program, I may earn a commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
1. Alexa aka Echo Dot: We truly use our echo dot(s) for EVERYTHING, and that includes the one in the Nursery. If you come to my house, you can try, “Alexa, turn on the light / order diaper pail refills / play thunderstorm sounds / what time is it? / what’s the weather? / did the packers win? / call my husband / play disney music / PLAY BABY SHARK, QUICK!”
2. MAM pacifiers: It’s a blessing and a curse to have a kid that uses a pacifier, but if yours does, MAM has been the best brand for us. These in particular glow in the dark AND help sensitive cheeks. My daughter can find them herself in her crib now, praise the Lord.
3. Sleep Sacks: ARE LIFE. Can we use them until the kids go to college, PLEASE? This wearable blanket is a safe way to help your kiddo be a little cozier.
4. Swaddle Strap: The ONLY swaddle that worked for us. It instantly doubled the sleep we got.
5. Night light: I just love this night light so much. It’s easy to pop on in the night and just the right amount of light for a 3 a.m. diaper change or feeding.
6. Pink Alarm Clock: I wanted a cute clock in my daughter’s room, since I’d be in there in the middle of the night in a zombie-mode and without my phone, and had no concept of time. This one also has a nice little glow light.
10. Cuski Lovey: It’s just the sweetest and she loves it so much now.
11. Bandana Drool Bibs: These truly help keep all your sweet little clothes from being ruined by SO MUCH DROOL. Plus, they are adorable!
If you’re in the thick of those early days, hang in there! It gets better SO fast. And if you’re over the hump, what were some of the products that got you through it?