You know the whole “Don’t let good be the enemy of perfect” and all that? Well sometimes, I don’t post because I don’t feel like I have anything post-worthy. But sometimes it’s fun to just throw a smorgusbord at you all and give you an update on my life, just in case you care. And so, I give you, a few things that have been happening lately, in no particular order. Plus, I have all these pictures on my phone that would go otherwise unseen.
1. I made my puppy smile with a turkey pumpkin. It was cute, I swear.
2. My mom and my in-laws came to town for Thanksgiving. I did not take enough photos, but this t-shirt did happen.
3. My husband cut down our Christmas tree again this year at a tree farm in Granville, OH. There was less snow on the ground, but it was still a cold and sort of snotty experience. Last year’s tree was named Tenny. This year’s is Tenny II. We are creative like that.
4. We decorated Tenny II. I’m sure I will post yet another detailed blog entry about how much I love decorating Christmas trees, and how much each ornament means to me, so that’s something for you to look forward to. For now, you get these:
5. We made a gingerbread house from a kit. It was surprisingly fun for both of us.
6. I attended the fanciest work party I’ve ever experienced at a higher education institution. There was no booze, but there was hot chocolate with peanut butter whipped cream, and amazing 12-person band, and an indoor fake ice skating rink. Also, Archie Griffin seriously knows how to cut a rug.
I have one other piece of super fun news that I will announce tomorrow, but until then…what have you been up to lately?? Fill us in!