After posting my Whole30 results on Monday, I’ve had a few friends ask me a little bit more about it. Let me preach it: DO A WHOLE30 – YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.
But I also want to mention that I had some really great support. Here’s what helped a lot for me:
1. A partner in crime. Even though my mom lives some 500 miles away, we decided to do the Whole30 together for the month of March. We talked about it on the phone, kept each other motivated, emailed recipes, and we even started a pinterest board that we could both contribute to. It was fun bonding for us, and now we both feel AWESOME!
2. Pinterest. For real, don’t you just adore pinterest? Like I said, my mom and I made our own Whole30 board during our journey. And all you have to do is search “whole30” and you’ll get like, a million recipes popping up. Of course you can google recipes too, but when I was planning my groceries for each week, it was fun to browse my board and pick out a new meal or two.
3. Official Whole30 Emails. It costs $15, but I really enjoyed getting these daily emails throughout my 30 days. The Whole30 Daily provided tons of great snipits, support, and information.
4. The Whole30 website. You’re probably like, well duh, but I re-read these eight steps in their entirity several times before starting my 30 days, and during.
5. It Starts With Food. Buy the book. Read the book. I’m not even finished with it yet, but reading it throughout the journey just motivated me more. Also, I really love science, so I liked understanding the reasoning behind these choices. But don’t worry…you can skip the super sciencey parts if that’s not your cup of tea!
6. Testimonials. Nothing makes you want to change your life more than reading about how tons of other people have changed their own lives. If they can do it, I can do it. And if I can do it, you can do it.
7. Club soda with a twist of lime. Okay, I know it’s not delicious. But it got me through many a social event without it being completely obvious I was not drinking. Don’t need any phony pregnancy rumors going around!
So there you have it. That’s what worked for me! And now, while I will certainly cheat from time to time, I know what it is that makes me feel like my best self. It’s only the beginning! Go start your new journey!