I spent September reminding myself how lucky I am, and how beautiful each day is when you really pay attention to the little stuff. September 1st was a sleepy morning, and I breathed a deep sigh as I turned the shower on. I suddenly felt so thankful for the hot water that would surely wake me up for at least a few moments…and I knew it was the month to complete #40 – write something I am grateful for each day for a month.
1. hot showers
2. cool, dark, quiet mornings for running
3. the Sottolano family
5. the Peabody library
6. weeping willow trees
7. all of my parents
8. lunch hour naps
9. community supported agriculture
10. kitchen aid mixers
12. the Pack
14. smoke-free bars
16. recognition (just now and then)
17. unexpected mentors
18. southern hospitality
19. power tools
21. emotions across the entire spectrum
22. classmates who become friends…and who also love glee and wine and sushi
23. cars — how often I take them for granted!
25. smalltown nashville
26. celebrating friends
28. constant reminders of how short life can really be
I often found my first thought to be “wine” or “sunshine,” which means a) I’m probably a wino, b) sunshine is a life necessity, and c) I need to be more creative.
Seriously though, it’s humbling to think of all the blessings in my life. I could have listed a ton each day, and still had more to write at the end of the month. Friends, family, career, talents, social opportunities…it is completely endless.
Have you taken a moment to be awed by beauty and humbled by blessings lately?