I had my pretty Whitty in town last week, and together we did what we love to do: we baked for friends!!
I was one of our dear friend’s birthday celebration, so we went for a basic chocolate cupcake with butter cream frosting. We adapted a delicious chocolate cupcake recipe, and whipped up my go-to frosting.
1. Preheat ovento 350 degrees, and line your muffin tins. We made 24 cupcakes with this recipe, though I can neither confirm nor deny that they all made it to the birthday party.
2. Dump everything except the chocolate chips into the bowl of a mixer. Beat until it’s blended — it’ll be pretty thick. Mix in the chips.
3. Fill liners about half way, and bake according to the back of the cake box. You may need to add a few more minutes to be sure you get a clean toothpick out of it.
Sprinkles never hurt.
And my go-to Vanilla Butter Cream recipe (double it if you are making a cake):
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1. Place butter in the bowl of a mixer, and add 3 cups sugar, milk, and vanilla.
2. Beat until smooth and creamy on medium speed, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Gradually add the remaining sugar, one cup at a time and beating after each addition, until the frosting is a good, spreadable consistency. You may not need all the sugar.
This frosting sets if it is chilled, so store at room temperature until you have frosted your cupcakes!!
nom nom nom…