This cake was so easy to make and so beyond delicious… It’s not the most photogenic, but I promise, it will not disappoint. Especially warm with a little ice cream and … *sigh* … I need to stop baking such delicious treats all the time.
Brownie Pudding Cake (serves 4-6)
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups boiling water
powdered sugar, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch square baking dish or round souffle dish.
2. Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and 1/3 cup cocoa in medium bowl.
3. Add milk, butter and vanilla, stir until just blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared dish.
4. Combine brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
5. Pour boiling water over entire mixture; do not stir.
6. Bake 35 to 38 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the top layer comes out clean. Cool at least 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.