What’s my new favorite type of event to host? BRUNCH!!! This weekend, we had a brunch for my lovely friend Christen’s birthday. So many delicious things…pancakes, fruit, chocolate cinnamon crescent rolls, breakfast casserole, and, most importantly, MIMOSAS!
Katy‘s breakfast casserole is a guaranteed win, no matter what. Everyone loves it, every time. And the best part? You can make it the night before, put it in the fridge overnight, and then just pop it into the oven for an hour in the morning.
What you need:
12 slices of bread
1 lb. of sharp cheddar cheese (I used 2% sharp cheddar)
1 lb. of sausage (I used turkey sausage)
3 cups of milk
What you do:
1. Cook the sausage and cut it up into small pieces.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread, and cut off the crusts.
3. Layer the bread, cheese, and sausage in a 13×9 pan.
4. Beat the eggs and milk together, and pour over the pan. Put it in the fridge overnight.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour and DIG IN!!!
I admit, it looks a little mushy on the plate, but it is SO DELICIOUS I cannot even explain.
And, what’s a brunch without a beautiful fruit salad?
And what’s a mimosa if not made with Andre…
Next week: Crescent Rolls!