T-shirt Quilt Phase One

This weekend I managed to do a few things to prepare my t-shirts for the big quilt.

First, I ironed interfacing onto the back of my 30 ADPi t-shirts to ensure that they won’t stretch over the next several decades. In this picture you can see the interfacing (always cut these sections larger than your actual quilt pieces will be).

shirt quilt 1 008

Second, I began the cutting process. The shirts are already split in half, but I’ve started cutting them into 12 1/2 inch squares. It has become apparent (thanks Tyler!) that I may need to get a rotary cutter and a board to cut on. It will make my edges a lot straighter and more consistent. So this project may be on hold for the time being. Here you can see the few I did cut!

shirt quilt 1 011

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s