I got this recipe over at eggtotheapples, and let me tell you, it was amazing…
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt, divided
3 cups water
12 ounces ziti pasta
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, minced
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 475 F
2. Combine oil, garlic, pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 12-inch oven safe nonstick skillet and saute over medium-high heat for 1 minute
3. Add tomatoes, water, ziti and 1/2 teaspoon salt
4. Cover and cook, stirring often maintaining a simmer, for about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender (I used tinfoil because I didn’t have a lid for my cast iron skillet)
5. Stir in cream, Parmesan, and basil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over ziti. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until cheese has melted and browned, about 10 minutes.
And I just had to include one quick shot of boyfriend with the oven mitt and garlic bread!