Megster Meter’s 101 in 1001.
THE LIST ended on September 7, 2011. Check out my post to wrap it all up here.
I am not known as a fabulous goal-setter, and this list was particularly hard to make because I’ve spent my months since graduating college checking off a mental list of accomplishments. So there are probably 10-20 items I could not put on here because I have very recently completed them! If only I had known about this project in May…
If you aren’t familiar with the 101 in 1001 project, read about it here! Basically, it is a list of 101 goals to be completed in 1001 days. They must be specific so that there is no ambiguity in their completion. My hope for this list is that I can focus on small successes, and will be able to look back at how they’ve helped lead to larger accomplishments. Some are serious goals, and some are more fun things I would like to experience. We all need some experiences just for fun! Items in white have yet to be started; items in blue are in progress; items crossed off in blue are COMPLETE.
My start date is December 10, 2008
My end date is September 7, 2011 — My 26th Birthday!
1. T-shirt quilt (4/26/10) 2. Crochet an entire scarf 3. Learn to knit or crochet a hat (turns out sewing is more my forte) 4. Make a dress (check me out!) 5. Get 20 pages into making my joy book 6. Start a photo journal (picturing nashville series) 7. Put together a portfolio (M.E. Photography) 8. Make a purse
9. Memorize five songs on piano (1/5)
10. Take voice lessons for twelve months 11. Audition for a sh ow (1/12/09) (Results) 13. Begin organizing thoughts and ideas in writing 14. Paint a small canvas, just for myself (1/17/11)
15. One nice piece of furniture (6/2/2010) 16. An electric keyboard (2/8/09)
17. Real estate
18. Cheesehead (it’s a magnet, but it’s a cheesehead…) 19. An impulse buy from Williams and Sonoma, for myself
Big goals can be important…
20. Apply for graduate school(12/23/08 )–admitted! 21. Earn a promotion (9/18/09) See?
22. Get off my family phone plan (after grad school)
23. Get off my parents’ car insurance (after grad school)
24. Save $5,000 in a savings account only for emergencies 25. Let myself fall in love
But it’s truly the little things that brighten life…
26. Let my hair grow out 27. Chop my hair off (as short as I will ever have it–1/12/10) 28. Be a bridesmaid for a friend (Mandy, Summer 2012!) 29. Write my life story in one day (6/11/11) 30. Host a wine and cheese party (9/11/09) 31. Add five movies to my collection 32. Throw a surprise party (For Katy 10/18/10) 33. Send in a PostSecret (4/24/09) 34. Write a love letter 35. Complete two puzzles (proof) 36. Pay for someone behind me in a drive through (4/16/09) 37. Give up gossip for one week 38. Take a sewing class (2/3/20) 39. Try on beautiful dresses for no reason with friends (here) 40. Write down something I am grateful for everyday for a month (September 2010) 41. Tell a loved one that I love them…while I’m mad at them 42. Read four books from my collection 43. Read a children’s book with someone (1/8/11) 44. Watch Casablanca (3/13/10) 45. Send flowers to two people for no reason 46. Get an office plant (Adopted a plant on 12/7/09) 47. Bake something with Grandma (11/25/09)
48. Go shooting with dad
49. Visit Door County with mom (9/6/09-9/8/09)
50. Meet Jolynn
Food because I love it, and health because I should…
51. Convince my dad to give me his chocolate icebox cake recipe (12/16/2008–he loves me so much!!) 52. Take a cooking class (9/19/09) For Spence and Carli’s engagement! 53. Try twenty new recipes (20/20) (See them all here!) 54. Create a signature pizza recipe (Trader Joe’s Dough + carmelized onions, mushrooms, and goat cheese) 56. Find my favorite red wine and white wine (Red: Stumpjump. White: anything sparkly. like champagne. yum.) 57. Spend a whole day in bed when I am not sick (6/11/11) 58. Get my first real massage (in Guatemala, May 2010!) 59. Whiten my teeth three times 60. Stay under 140 pounds 61. Work out 5 days a week for 4 weeks in a row and repeat… 62. Take a dance class (bought a “living social” 10/18/10) 63. Give up caffeine for a week (1/3/09-1/9/09) 64. Run a 5K without walking (see post here, 6/13/09)
65. Stop biting my fingers for good
Strengthening my faith as best as I can…
(this is a hard one to define, so I’m starting with some numbers)
66. Lead a small group six times 67. Read one book of the Bible each month (Favorite Verses) 68. Participate in a weekly small group for at least six months 69. Put myself in five uncomfortable conversations about faith 70. Pray with someone who has never prayed before 71. Read Case for Christ–everyone is always talking about it! 72. Buy someone a bible 73. Join the worship team in any capacity (6/21/09 read here)
74. wine tasting (Bellmeade Plantation 9/11/10) 75. to the symphony or an opera (1/8/09) 76. to five benefits 77. sledding (12/13/10 read here) 78. ice skating (2/28/11) 79. on an adventure out of my comfort zone (Urban Dare 10/17/10) 80. line dancing at the Wildhorse (1/24/09) 81. to a Predator’s game (3/18/10)
Trips and adventures to be had…
82. Europe (preferably France to visit friends)
83. Take a road trip to the beach (Seaside?)
84. Visit friends in NY… (10/22/09-10/25/09) 85. …and see a show IN NY! (10/24/09)
86. Enjoy a day at six flags (any) with friends
87. Take a long-weekend camping trip
88. Hike somewhere beautiful (Radnor 10/10/10) 89. Visit Houston (12/29/08-1/4/09 )
90. Go clear water kayaking (again!)
91. Learn to roll a kayak
92. Turn my cell phone off for a weekend (hopefully while out of town) (10/9/09-10/11/09) 93. Stay in a nice hotel alone for a night (8/5/09)
Ahhhh the holidays…
94. Have a romantic Valentine’s dinner–in or out! (2/14/09) (Story!) 96. Suck it up and go to a Haunted House (Monster Mountain 10/16/10) 97. Host a Thanksgiving or Easter dinner (Easter–4/12/09) 98. Make a gingerbread house (11/15/10, a little bit early, I know) 99. Decorate my Christmas tree with my ornament collection! (12/09) 100. Host a Christmas party (12/12/09) Pictures here 101. Attend a fancy New Year’s party or dinner (12/31/09)